Lately it seems like everyone has a blog except me. Any why shouldn’t I? I’ve done the blog thing before and enjoyed it. I love to write. And I pretty much spend my days screwing around on the internet anyway, which may very well be how you know me if you’ve found your way here.
So, here we are. For a while I toyed with reviving my old blog, but on a recent long run I conceived the idea of centering my blog on three things that I love dearly and do every single day: eating, drinking, and running. Seriously, with this marathon training sometimes I feel like it is ALL I do: eat to fuel the run, run to train for the race, and drink to recover from all of the running and eating.
A few things about this blog and about me:
1) I love food and I love to eat. It’s a damn good thing I also love to run, or I’d probably be on a fat scooter. I try to keep things reasonably healthy, but I’m terrible at avoiding things like butter (YUM), bacon (DROOL) and salt (CRAVE). That said, the recipes and restaurant experiences I share on here may not be the healthiest thing in the world, and that is fine with me. Life is too short not to eat butter.
2) I also love to drink. The hubs and I have wine or beer with dinner every evening, and I am not above a rowdy night out at the bars now and then. The words “afternoon” and “beer” go together like PB&J in my world. If this offends you, I apologize. Let me buy you a drink.
3) I’m a recent transplant to NYC. It seems like every day I discover something about life in the city that’s shocking or hilarious. I plan to share some of those stories too.
4) I’m a crazy cat lady. Or, well, I would be if I were not married. I am pretty much obsessed with my cat, though, and expect her to appear here frequently. She’s my best buddy, and my baby, and we spend all day hanging out. Yeah, I am that person who talks to her cat. Don’t judge me.
5) I’m running the New York Marathon next weekend. It is my ninth marathon. Cheer for me, please! I’m really just hoping to finish this one….although I am in okay shape, I got a pretty late start to my training after traveling all summer (and not running at ALL). Under 4 hours would be nice, but really I just want to finish.
So that’s me.
Today’s EAT: Making these divine Asian-ish short ribs for dinner tonight.
Today’s DRINK: Well, I’m about to crack a Trader Joe’s Bavarian Hefeweizen in a few minutes here. Hey, it’s Friday, right? Gotta get the weekend started! Later tonight, the hubs and I are headed to Arlo & Esme in the East Village for a friend’s birthday party.
Today’s RUN: 4 miles, easy. 9:00ish pace. Hudson River Park. I’m in marathon taper mode with one week to go and loving it!