A few people have gently scolded me recently for not having a blogroll. Tsk, tsk. I know.
It’s not because I don’t read blogs. Ha-hooo, no. (My overzealous Google Reader is getting a good chortle out of that one, too.)
Nope – it’s mostly because I am lazy. I had one for a while, but it was too much work to keep up with new blogs I’d found and removing ones that became inactive. So it went the way of the Training page, which I just trashed today because I was entering my workouts in too many damn places. (If you really care how far or fast I’m running every day? It’s all on Strands – see the blue clicky badge on the sidebar.)
But I do spend a lot of time reading blogs. And I do have favorites. And I’d love to share some of them with you. So how about I just post, like, three at a time? And stick them on a little mini sidebar thingy? And then archive them on their own page?
I also like this because it will let me say a little somethin’ about each blog and why I love it. 🙂 So here we go, Rotating Blogroll, version uno:
- Cheaper Than Therapy ( http://cheaperthantherapy.me) She runs, she drinks beer. Our cats look like twins. I feel like we must have been friends in a former life or something. I kind of wish we were friends in our current life because I’d like to crack a beer in her gorgeous backyard.
- I Dream of Greenie (http://idreamofgreenieblog.com) I could almost be vegetarian if I had as much fun with meatless food as Ms. Greenie. As a former LA resident I love living vicariously though all of her local adventures. Also, she shares my picklephobia; how could I not love her?
- A Marathoner (http://amarathoner.com) Yes, he’s a dude and yes, he’s my teammate. But he is a great source of inspiration: he’s, like, a regular guy who decided to become a runner and is on his way to being a really good runner. Come follow along with his NYC Marathon training!
Rotating Blogroll is also great for days where I cannot think of anything else to write about. Other contenders for today’s post:
- The weather is cooler and I opened my window!
- I made chicken with pasta for the sixty-fifth time
- My cats are lazy: a detailed discussion
Your disappointment is palpable.
Today’s EAT: Alright, so I am going to say a few words about that chicken with pasta. Because it was kind of different and fun!
Whole-wheat corkscrew pasta with chicken, chopped peaches and walnuts in balsamic syrup. With a little Greek yogurt mixed in for some creaminess. And goat cheese and fresh basil on top. A little bizarre? Yep. Tasty? You betcha.
I am continuing to really dig adding fresh fruit to savory dishes right now. So refreshing!
Today’s DRINK: No wine, no beer. Just lots of sipping from this guy:
I know – snore and more. I have a 5K in the morning, though. Normally I wouldn’t mind having one glass of wine or something on a race eve, but the wine rack is empty. So water it is.
Today’s RUN: A beautiful 4 miles on the river this morning! I cruised it in a little over 32 minutes and barely broke a sweat.
Somehow the weather totally changed overnight and it was cool and breezy with NO HUMIDITY this morning! What a difference it made. My pace was seriously about a minute faster per mile at the same perceived effort. It felt awesome.
The weather should be similarly gorgeous at the 9 AM start of tomorrow’s Founder’s 5K! There’s still time to come on out – race day registration is open until 8:30!
And since I’ve touched on two-thirds of my lame-o rejected topics for the day, now, here’s a picture of my lazy cat to finish things off.
(Those would be my freshly-laundered jeans. She slept on them all afternoon.)
Today’s QUESTION: Give a shout-out to one of your favorite blogs this week!