Heya. I pretty much spent my Sunday running and working. So how about another installment of the Rotating Blogroll? Check out these awesome peeps, all of whom happen to be training for the Chicago Marathon as well:
- Steph (http://instephsshoes.blogspot.com) had a great debut marathon last year in 3:46 and is shooting for Boston this year too! We are in the same corral at Chicago; I’m hoping we can be pace buddies!
- Brie (http://www.brie-fit.com) is hilarious and not afraid to talk candidly about her blisters. I can’t wait to meet her! Plus, she’s a newlywed who has some amazing wedding pictures – check them out!
- NYFlyGirl (http://nyflygirl.wordpress.com), who I was thrilled to finally meet in person at yesterday’s Club Champs, is also going for a BQ! Plus she likes to drink boxed wine in the park, which always gets a thumbs-up from me.
- Mozzer Confessionals (http://kanoshiro.blogspot.com) is a relatively new addition to CPTC and although he’ll be miles ahead of me during the race, I’m thrilled that a teammate will be out there with me on October 10! Go orange!
- FlyRunner (http://flyrunner.wordpress.com) is such an inspiration to those that are hoping to improve their speed! I’ve followed her blog for a little while now and it’s been amazing to see her go from a nearly-4:00 marathoner to a 3:25-er in less than a year. I’m excited to see what she can do at Chicago, especially with a flat course and (hopefully) favorable weather – I’m sure she’ll kick ass!
May we all beat blisters and crush PRs on October 10!
Today’s EAT: Between my long run (more on that in a minute) and a full day of work, tonight was destined to be a delivery night. Everything sounded kinda meh until I realized there was one cuisine we hadn’t had in quite a while: Indian.
Chicken Tikki Masala with brown rice and garlic naan hit the spot. I always forget how good Indian food is! And I love that there are always lots of little spicy dips to play with:
The greenish one was minty and delicious – my favorite. The brown one was sort of sweet and also amazing.
Today’s DRINK: We have a new wine toy to play with, folks!
An aerator! Thank, mom and J, for the great birthday present! Hmm, will this make our $7 bottles taste like $30 bottles? I think so!
Today’s RUN: Today started bright an early with a running date with Megan. After running about 3 miles up to the park, we met up and cranked out a another 12 with a combo of the bridle path, big park loop, and a fun little finish up to the 125th Street subway station, where I proceeded to drip sweat all over a Dunkin’ Donuts (sorry, Dunkin’) and the A train (sorry, fellow MTA riders).
Pace was surprisingly decent throughout, averaging around 8:30. Everything was well under 9:00, and even pulled off a few 8-flats near the end! A feat for me, considering that I almost upchucked several times in the middle of the run after eating a Mint Chocolate Gu. Ugh. Not a good flavor for me. Actually, I’m thinking of switching away from Gu altogether and trying ShotBlocks or dried fruit or something else. The last few times I’ve taken Gu during a long run, I’ve ended up with some mean nausea. 😦
Anyway. Gu issues aside, it was a great run! We saw amarathoner and ran with him for a bit before he headed out to the west side, and also spotted Jess and and Kath on the road at CP. There was a whole lotta blog running in the park this morning. 🙂
Today’s QUESTION: Do you use Gu/gels/etc when you run? What’s your favorite type and flavor?