I realize there are still 25 days left in the year. Plenty of time for hopeful, perverted and/or just plain bizarre people to find their way to this site. But let’s celebrate early, shall we?
My ten favorite search terms of 2010:
10. Spinning for squid (3 hits) – Ew. I don’t like spin class or calamari enough to condone this.
9. Big ass girl (19) – plus about ten times that many if you rearrange this combination of words. Guys: I hate to disappoint you, but all you’re gonna find here is a white girl who likes big ass salads. Sorry.
8. Failed fudge cookies (7) – Thanks. Rub it in.
7. Lululemon key cuff (186) – I reviewed this product ages ago. Apparently that page is somehow a top search result for this product. Kinda funny, because this $10 piece of lycra is just about the only thing I can actually afford from there. (Hey lulu, how about a little kickback, eh?)
6. Rachael Ray running (124) – Does she even run?
5. Dirty cookie monster (3) – Yes, I always thought so, too.
4. Beautiful midriff (4) – Aw, thanks, you four people. Pale and flabby is in this season!
3. Slimey (sic) off garbage hair (3) – Hey now! Just because I don’t wash it every day….
2. Dirty drunk runner (9) – It’s happened before. I won’t lie.
1. Snugglefest 2010 (70) – I’m baffled that this one pops up a couple of times a week. Was this, like, an actual event? Where do I sign up for 2011?
Those are just the PG ones – because there are some pervy people out there, I tell ya! May 2011 bring even more Google oddities my way!
Today’s EAT: I picked up a package of a new-to-me food this weekend – tempeh. (No, I’m not going vegetarian. I’m just cheap. And tired of chicken breasts.)
Not entirely sure what to do with it, I decided to make some balls.
And a tasty vodka sauce. Because it seemed unlikely that I would screw the stuff up so badly that loads of garlic and parm couldn’t save it.
This was quite good, actually! The hubs sniffed at it and wrinkled his nose, but I thought the nutty tempeh actually worked really well with the flavorful vodka sauce. Not a substitute for good old fashioned meatballs, exactly, but a fun change of pace.
Recipe: Tempeh Alla Vodka
Today’s DRINK: When I saw this Hot Apple Cider Tea, I had high hopes.
On its own, it’s a little bland, but with a splash of honey it’s delicious. (And a splash of whiskey….if I had some. I do love a good hot toddie on a cold night!)
Today’s RUN: Crisp, cold and pretty darn quick, for me anyway! I met up with the Nog Club and trotted a brisk 6 miles in 46:15. Skipped the post-run beers in favor of a hot shower.
Today’s QUESTION: If you’re a blogger, what’s your favorite recent search term? And also, for anyone…what else does one do with tempeh? I can see picking it up somewhat regularly – I need ideas!