MEME! Thanks, Sarah, for the tag. You’ve probably seen this one going around. Who am I to watch the bandwagon roll by without hopping on board?
1. Four TV shows I watch
– What Not to Wear. Daily lunch date with Clinton and Stacy!
– Glee. Mock me if you want to.
– Wheel of Fortune.
[Side note: does anyone else feel like the Jeopardy/Wheel hour of TV treats your ego like an abusive lover? It beats you down and then strokes you soothingly. Jeopardy: Holy crap, I am such an idiot. I wouldn’t last ten seconds on this show. How do these people know this stuff? Wheel: Oh my God, you ignorant twits! Solve the damn puzzle already! I knew the answer three vowels ago!]
Moving right along…
2. Four things I’m passionate about.
– Running. Duh.
– Writing. Double duh.
– Animal rescue. Because way too many perfectly good cats and dogs are put down. Adopt don’t shop!
– Bacon. Because my quality of life would be diminished without it.
3. Four words/phrases I use a lot.
I live in a constant state of incredulity and talk in acronyms. Seriously.
4. Four things I’ve learned in the past.
In the past…year? Decade? Eon? Because, you know, we could make this really easy and go with crawling, walking, talking, and pooping in the toilet. (Well…most of the time.) So let’s say learned in the past year.
– How to make an over-easy fried egg. Tricky eggs. Tricky yolks. I’ve almost mastered you….
– How to do math in my head. Seriously, for someone who worked in accounting/finance for years, you’d think I could do things like add two numbers without physically “carrying the one” on a scrap of paper. I’ve gotten so much better now, though! I practice often.
– How to keep plants alive. The snake plants are thriving. Shazam!
– How to live on less. Okay, this one is actually serious. Going from a household with two well-paying jobs to a household with one start-up slave and one freelancer/job seeker/occasional low-wage-earner has been quite a change. But I think it’s been a change for the better. I kind of cringe when I think about the money that I used to spend on shopping and eating and drinking out in my 20s. I don’t need those things to have a good time. (Although if anyone wants to sponsor me to eat my way through restaurant week, I won’t object!)
5. Four places I would like to go.
– The Himalaya. Who wants to go climb Everest? Or perhaps, more realistically, gaze at Everest from the summit of a lesser peak?
– France. Food. Wine. Food. Wine. Food.
– Sweden. It’s the motherland!
– Argentina. Food. Wine. Food. Wine. Food.
6. Four things I did yesterday.
Thursday was a pretty earth-shattering day around here. Let me quote from the finished half of my to-do list….
– “Work on presentation.” Boring, but done.
– “Front desk for doors fix.” Wow, eloquent wording there. Our doors don’t quite latch all the way and unfortunately the cats have discovered this, thus granting them access to the SUPER FUN ALL-NIGHT LIVE TRAMPOLINE AND PLAYGROUND!
– “Tax shit.” Bleh. Although if I could have interpreted this as taxing other people/things instead of gathering and mailing our own estimated payments, that would have been pretty cool.
– “Spin 6PM.” Or, the reason that my chair feels like it’s made of nubby daggers today.
7. Four things I’m looking forward to.
– A third cup of coffee. (BRB…)
– 7 PM. (See, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, above)
– 7 PM. (Or, the official time I generally deem acceptable to stop doing whatever I’m doing and have a glass of wine)
– Someday being a rich and famous author so that my Friday night doesn’t always consist of drinking cheap wine and watching Jeopardy.
8. Four things I love about winter.
– Lack of humidity.
– Lack of humidity.
– Lack of humidity.
– Lack of…oh wait, did I already say that?
I’m not going to tag anyone because it’s Friday and no one likes homework over the weekend. Instead I’ll leave you with just one question: what are you up to this weekend and in how many ways is it more exciting than what I’m up to? Because I’m up to nothing at all, as of right now.
Happy weekend y’all!