Thanks for the half-birthday wishes yesterday! Glad to know I’m not the only bratty child-o-summer! As Jeri astutely pointed out, the birthday-date-dilemma is a major #whitegirlproblem. Good to know I’ve been having WGPs since the very day I was born!
Because I feel like complaining frivolously rather than writing a real post, here are a few more:
1) No skiing this year. WAH. I know. But I love the mountains of the west like most people love the beaches of the Caribbean and I’m used to getting my annual fix with a ski trip or two! But it just ain’t in the cards this year. And east coast mountains are no substitute. Wah.
2) My laptop battery hates me. The longevity of my laptop’s battery is inversely proportionate to how comfortable I am. So, when I am sitting at a hard desk doing boring work, it will chug along for like four hours. But if I’m comfy on the couch? Thirty minutes, tops.
3) My vacuum cleaner sucks. Or, like…doesn’t. Seriously, sometimes I will pinpoint a specific piece of lint and run over it repeatedly, growing more angry and incredulous each time my stupid cheap vacuum fails to claim it. I officially have Dyson Envy. (And with that, I’m also officially an old boring grown-up. Ugh.)
4) My favorite (ahem, only) cashmere sweater has a moth hole. I discovered this earlier this week. (The sweater spent some time in storage during our last move, so I’m guessing that’s where it happened.) Enraged cursing ensued. I don’t splurge on expensive clothing very often, and here this stupid moth with champagne taste had to go and eat it? Couldn’t have settled for the cheap Old Navy number next door, eh, moth? Too good for that, are you? I hope you’re happy. (Or dead. Which you probably are at this point anyway.)
5) This chair is far too uncomfortable.
Big black cats can have white girl problems, too.
Today’s EAT: I had a pizza crust to use up and a hankering for peanut sauce. Thus, Thai Chicken Pizza:
Peanut sauce, chicken, diced red peppers, shredded carrot, sliced red onion, scrambled egg, fried green onions, and just a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. With generously applied red pepper flakes. It was perfect.
Today’s DRINK: I’d been excited to try this French Broad Wee-Heavy-Er Scotch Ale. It’s semi-local and more importantly, had a cool Atlas Shrugged-esque label.
Eh…it was just okay. While not unpleasant, it was just sort of flavorless. Reminded me a little of flat Newcastle. For the ABV (7%) it was really mellow and drinkable, so I guess it had that going for it, but I had expected a more grandiose experience, given the name.
Today’s RUN: Double trouble! 3 easy miles at lunchtime and 6 more this evening. The weather here was straight-up weird today: 70* and humid and windy. Very strange considering the SNOMG happening elsewhere. It’s supposed to cool down again tomorrow (to, like, 45*) which is okay with me. I’m not ready to sweat yet!
Jess asked if I was sore from yesterday’s Body Power class. Yes! My butt and my triceps especially – but in a good way. Today’s mellow miles felt really good on my slightly beat-up body.
Today’s QUESTION: What’s your WGP of the week? (And no, you don’t have to be a white girl to have a WGP!)