(1) I am blogging from a bar right now. Our internet is out. That little tornado that I joked about yesterday? That was apparently some serious shit. Like, a lot of people lost their homes and a handful even died. Horrible and sad.
Which is why I’m not complaining too much about our cable and internet being down since last night. The worst damage sustained by our household was borne by my little chili pepper plant, which had to be re-potted this morning. A mere mile away, buildings were seriously damaged. One had its roof ripped off. Scary.
We have electricity and a roof over our heads and a car to transport us to bars with internet. Pretty lucky, actually.
(2) This Brooklyn IPA is delicious.
This glass sucks, though. There’s a big hole in the top and I keep finding it empty!
(3) I had a nice meal planned out for tonight. But…
…it’s starting to look like we’re having loaded cheese fries for dinner.
(4) I did a weird double today: an eight-miler in the morning with some new running friends, and a six-miler a couple of hours later, with the hubs. Even though all of the miles were mellow-paced and there was a substantial break between the runs, I am freaking wiped. After fourteen total miles. Remind me of what those marathon-training twenties are like, someone?
(5) Which reminds me, I need a fall marathon. Preferably something situated in late October on a fast course within driving or easy flying distance from Raleigh. Any suggestions?
(6) After our run, the hubs and I went to Costco. This is a dangerous idea to begin with (he is easily distracted and will take forever to get out of there and buy all sorts of superfluous stuff if I don’t keep him focused) but today was especially bad.
I have now received a Blu-Ray player as an anniversary present.
Nothing says “I love you and am so happy to celebrate four years of marriage!” like having your monsters appear slightly sharper and your gunshots slightly louder.
This is almost as exciting as the time I got a dart board for my birthday.
Thanks so much, honey!
(7) Don’t you love it when bloggers do these numbered “X things!” posts instead of coming up with cohesive prose?
I know. But we all need to slack off from time to time.
And with that, I’m gonna order another IPA and sip peacefully until the hubs is done with his work stuff and we can return to our internet-and-cable-barren – but thankfully structurally intact – home.
Our internet may be cut off – but I’m not. Another pint, bartender, please!