Today is the day widely known as Hump Day, but since I’ll be working all weekend, I called it Lay Around Like a Lazy Lump Day.
Aside from a quick meeting this morning, my schedule was totally blank. I considered doing productive things like laundry and grocery shopping – things one might normally do on a weekend day off – but in the end, a jam-packed afternoon of pointless miscellanea won out.
And it was wonderful.
– Explored the course for Saturday’s 10K during an easy 8-mile run. It’s actually not quite as bad (hilly) as I’d imagined. Mile five is pretty much all uphill, but other than that, we’re just dealing with mild rollers. I’m feeling slightly better about it.
– Busted out a brand new pair of shoes!
Oh Ghosts, I’ve missed you. My last couple of pairs I’ve experimented with a more stability-oriented shoe, to see if it would help alleviate my perpetually tight calves. It didn’t, so I went back to the shoe I’ve loved for several years now. Can’t wait to see the Ghost 4 this fall!
– Welcomed a zillion new readers, thanks to a shout out from Carrots N Cake! If you’re one of those new faces, then hello. There’s beer in the fridge – help yourself! I hope you like rambling and slightly self-deprecating prose, MSPaint, and tasteful use of profanity with a hint of snark. If not…well, have another drink. We’ll get you there.
– Spent several hours heckling AngryRunner and her hilariously staunch stance against smartphones. It was an effort that spanned several forms of social media and I was pretty pleased with myself. I think I did everything I could to communicate my pro-smartphone stance, short of wrapping myself up and mailing myself to her doorstep.
I’m not ruling it out, though. ❤ ❤ ❤
(Granted, I’ve never been to her house, but I’m pretty sure my iPhone could figure out how to get there. iPhone FTW!)
– Copied Fatty McPantherson and took a little snooze on the sofa.
It’s a rough life being a cat in this household.
– Stared at my empty refrigerator for ten long minutes, contemplating dinner, before deciding to make pancakes.
I used this ridiculously simple recipe from Epicurious and they came out great!
Healthy plus: these were actually full of Chia seeds! After mixing together all of the other stuff called for in the recipe, I realized I was out of eggs. So I made a “Chia egg” in the way that I’ve seen bloggers make Flax eggs. And it actually worked really well! Who knew.
Healthy minus: I fried up that Chia-packed batter in bacon grease. Mmmmm.
I guess it’s a draw.
– Sipped a glass of wine while whipping up my breakfast-dinner.
I blogged the 2008 version of this 2010 La Ferme Julien Rose a year ago. With its ubiquitous cartoon goat, this wine is a Trader Joe’s staple, and even though I apparently didn’t like the ’08 version, the ’10 isn’t bad! I mean…it’s a cheap Rose. It’s the sort of thing you sip on a warm summer afternoon while grilling hot dogs. (Or on an unseasonably chilly May evening while making pancakes.) But it’s perfectly drinkable and I’d buy it again!
– Selected a winner in the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day giveaway!
That’s Rebecca! Email me (email@example.com) so I can get your book on its way. I hope you love it as much as I do!
And that last one, my friends, is what I had planned to write about when I came up with that post title. Never mind all of this other crap.
Happy Hump Day, or Lump Day, or whatever you wanna call it!