1/19/11 – Buy you a Drink edition:
- Queer Vegan Runner. Aside from the fact that her posts make me MISS LOS ANGELES (I never thought I’d say that!), I adore A.J.’s blog because she also loves beer, snark, food, felines and fun. In spite of the fact that we have opposite preferences when it comes to hot dogs, I am sure we’d get along swimmingly over a pint. Or four.
- 110 Pounds and Counting. Remember yesterday when I ragged on the word “inspirational?” Well, I’m using it again – and most genuinely. As the title of her blog suggests, Lisa has undergone a serious lifestyle change in the last few years and really seems to have the whole “healthy moderation” thing down pat. I am constantly envious of her outdoorsy Oregon adventures and brewpub visits.
- Kendra Through the Looking Glass. No topic is off limits on Kendra’s irreverent blog. Another blogger who is truly deserving of the I-word (read her backstory!), I love that she tackles everything from gynecology to glamor in a funny and highly readable way.
11/10/10 – Cook It edition:
- Duke’s House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog – The thing I enjoy most about Brit’s blog is that she is all over the place when it comes to foods from different parts of the world. And does it all health-consciously and budget-consciously. And…she dressed her ginormous dog as a lion for Halloween. One of the most fantastic things I have seen on a blog, ever.
- Prevention RD – Nicole is a registered dietitian and overall super healthy gal, so I know that she isn’t going to post bad-for-you stuff. But somehow her recipes always have that “OMG bar food” appeal, while somehow staying healthy. A girl after my own heart.
- Cate’s World Kitchen – Although her recipes are vegetarian and I’m – to put it mildly – a meat gal, I totally admire her sense of adventure in the kitchen and ability to tackle exotic ingredients and bold flavor combos. And she’s also a badass runner.
9/22/2010 – Badass edition:
- Angry Runner: http://angryrunner.wordpress.com/ I love this concept. The running-blog world needs more anger and sarcasm. Bonus: when she’s not being angry, she’s really funny.
- Sweaty Kid: http://sweatykid.wordpress.com/ She lives in Alaska and battles grizzlies on her runs. Like, real ones. And probably wolverines and polar bears too. And, um…Yetis. Talk about cajones.
- Rachel Wilkerson: http://www.rachelwilkerson.com Rachel is never afraid to tell it exactly like it is – which is usually equal parts provocative and hilarious. Total blog crush. (Is that creepy? Um…sorry I’m not sorry?)
8/13/2010 – NYC Edition:
- Megan (http://www.runnerskitchen.com) is one of the first CPTC girls I made friends with. I remember reading her blog when I was thinking about joining the team and thinking that she seemed really genuine and fun. Of course, I was right. I will miss our long runs (don’t know what I am going to do without my long run buddy!) and fro-yo dates (I’m sure there’s yogurt in NC, but no Forty Carrots!) Anyway, I’m really looking forward to watching her run a killer NYC marathon this year. She has been on a PR-smashing kick all summer.
- Sarah (http://www.washingtonranhere.wordpress.com) is one of the funniest girls I’ve ever met. She has a serious knack for writing blog posts that make me laugh out loud. In addition, she happens to be a pretty badass runner (even though she won’t admit it). Really, she is probably one of the coolest people in the Garden State (I say this with zero personal experience, but I assume it’s true). She’s fixin’ to be a teacher and a coach; somewhere in the future, a generation of angsty high-school runners is very lucky to have her.
- Sofia (http://crunchygranolagal.wordpress.com) is the blogger whose eventual memoir I am most excited to read. The girl has had a fascinating life and is a ridiculously talented writer. Though she’s no longer running as much as she used to (due to an injury), her blog is packed with delicious NYC foodie stories – I live vicariously through her culinary adventures. It is tragic that I only got to meet her once in person (okay twice, if you count the time that she popped into the store while I was working and waiting on the most ridiculous shoe customer ever. Awkward blogger moment! Love them!) but we’ll see each other again on marathon weekend!
- Kelly (http://mealsformiles.wordpress.com) has seen me at my most heinous – 6 AM, surly, soaking wet, not entirely pleased to be running – and she didn’t recoil in horror at my lack of grooming or conversational skills, so that’s a huge credit to her. She is one of those people who amazes me with how much she does – works full time, goes to school, blogs, cooks amazing meals, trains for marathons. I can only hope to have my life together like that one day.
8/8/2010 – Chicago Marathon 2010 edition:
- Steph (http://instephsshoes.blogspot.com) had a great debut marathon last year in 3:46 and is shooting for Boston this year too! We are in the same corral at Chicago; I’m hoping we can be pace buddies!
- Brie (http://www.brie-fit.com) is hilarious and not afraid to talk candidly about her blisters. I can’t wait to meet her! Plus, she’s a newlywed who has some amazing wedding pictures – check them out!
- NYFlyGirl (http://nyflygirl.wordpress.com), who I was thrilled to finally meet in person at yesterday’s Club Champs, is also going for a BQ! Plus she likes to drink boxed wine in the park, which always gets a thumbs-up from me.
- Mozzer Confessionals (http://kanoshiro.blogspot.com) is a relatively new addition to CPTC and although he’ll be miles ahead of me during the race, I’m thrilled that a teammate will be out there with me on October 10! Go orange!
- FlyRunner (http://flyrunner.wordpress.com) is such an inspiration to those that are hoping to improve their speed! I’ve followed her blog for a little while now and it’s been amazing to see her go from a 4:00 marathoner to a 3:25-er in less than a year. I’m excited to see what she can do at Chicago, especially with a flat course and (hopefully) favorable weather – I’m sure she’ll kick ass!
7/30/2010 – Inaugural edition:
- Cheaper Than Therapy ( http://cheaperthantherapy.me) She runs, she drinks beer. Our cats look like twins. I feel like we must have been friends in a former life or something. I kind of wish we were friends in our current life because I’d like to crack a beer in her gorgeous lakefront yard.
- I Dream of Greenie (http://idreamofgreenieblog.com) I could almost be vegetarian if I had as much fun with meatless food as Ms. Greenie. As a former LA resident I love living vicariously though all of her local adventures. Also, she shares my picklephobia; how could I not love her?
- A Marathoner (http://amarathoner.com) Yes, he’s a dude and yes, he’s my teammate. But he is a great source of inspiration: he’s, like, a regular guy who decided to become a runner and is on his way to being a really good runner. Come follow along with his NYC Marathon training!